Need support? Start here
Do you have a child aged 0-6 who has a disability or developmental delay? Are you concerned about your child’s development? Do you think you might need on-going support from the National Disability insurance Scheme (NDIS)?
Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) is the place to start to get the support you need. ECEI has been developed by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) to help children and families gain and use the skills they need to thrive.
How can ECEI help you?
- Every child and every family is unique. We start by asking you what would improve the wellbeing of your child the most and we plan from there.
We can help you to:
- Access information and develop a full picture of your child
- Find support services in your community like community health, playgroups or peer support groups
- Access the support your child needs through a range of short-term supports. For example, if your child has a developmental delay and isn’t speaking, we might provide some speech therapy or other support strategies.
- If your child requires more intensive long-term support we will assist you to complete a request to access the NDIS
- Undertake the planning process with you if the NDIA approves your request to access the NDIS
The support that’s right for your child might be a combination of the options above.
How we work with your child and family
We support your child to build the skills they need to thrive in the places they live, learn and play. We also help you to build the strengths, skills and confidence you need to help your child to thrive.
Together we will identify goals for your child and personalise strategies around your family’s needs, routines and regular activities.
We will work with you and your child in their everyday environments, like home, playgroups, the local park, or early childhood settings. You will be present during the session, and one of our goals will be to help you to develop the skills you need to support their child in these settings.
We deliver this support through short term play-based intervention in groups, making use of our transdisciplinary key worker approach so your child only has to get used to one face. The SDN professional who supports you will have the support of a team of professionals from a variety of disciplines including, occupational therapy, physiotherapy and speech pathology.
Do I need a referral?
No, although information from a doctor, nurse or early childhood teacher could be useful. To access our services all you need to do is to call us on 1300 831 445.
Where does SDN offer ECEI?
ECEI is managed by different providers in different locations. SDN can help you if you live in Western Sydney, South-Western Sydney, Penrith, Nepean, Sydney’s North Shore, Inner Sydney, Inner West, Sydney’s East and Lithgow. Call us on 1300 831 445 for an appointment.
If you are from outside these areas - find a provider who can help you with ECEI support.
Call us on or get in touch
SDN is an NDIS Partner delivering Early Childhood Early Intervention Services in Lithgow and a NDIS Transition Provider in many other areas of Sydney and NSW
• Bankstown City
• Fairfield City
• Liverpool City
• Liverpool Plains
• Hunters Hill
• Lane Cove
• North Sydney
• The Hills