Child and Family Resource Centre and Toy Library
The Child and Family Resource Centre and Toy Library at Granville supports children’s learning through play. We are a place to spend time with your children and to borrow toys and resources that support their development.
Research shows that enjoying time “in the moment” with our children during play reinforces the child-parent bond and helps to develop the skills in children for them to reach their potential.
Purchasing a $20, three (3) monthly membership provides you with:
- An indoor play space
- Our air conditioned play space provides craft materials, home corner, toys and resources that help your child’s gross motor, imaginative and fine motor skills. You can use this space between 10.00am and 2.00pm on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Access to our Toy Library
- Choose from hundreds of clean and organised toys and books to borrow for your children to enjoy and learn from at home. You can borrow up to five books and five toys for four weeks at a time.
- Support from our toy library assistant
- Our toy library assistant can support you to choose toys, books and other resources for your child and discuss with you about how your child can use or play with the toys.
- Parenting information and support from trained and professionally qualified early childhood and health professionals.
- We can help you with issues including: accessing early education and child care; children’s physical, emotional and cognitive development; feeding; socialising; play; and managing challenging behaviours. We can also refer you to other child and family services in the community and give you information and advice on accessing the National Disability Insurance Scheme.