Start Strong program
What is the Start Strong program?
The objective of SDN's Start Strong program is to promote the importance of early education to parents and communities to increase the participation of vulnerable children in preschool education, aged 0 to 6 years old.
The program involves facilitating the inclusion of children from priority demographic groups who are not currently enrolled in a preschool program, by developing a ‘pathways to preschool plan’ with each family to support enrolment in a preschool program.
Our approach is catered around an individual families needs, however we may support families with things such as:
- Understanding Child Care Subsidy, and how to apply for it
- Attending centre tours, and speaking to the team about their educational programs
- Helping them through the enrolment process into an early childhood education and care centre
- Demonstrating how to engage in play with your child.
We may support families anywhere between 3 to 6 months.
Who runs the Start Strong program?
Start Strong is run by a qualified and experienced Early Childhood Teacher, who runs the program with a play-based learning approach, and has a passion for spreading awareness and knowledge about early education.
We prioritise referrals for:
- Families with children under 5 years of age
- Newly arrived migrants and CaLD families
- Families not accessing any other services
- Families with vulnerabilities which may escalate risk factors around children wellbeing
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families
Where do we service?
Our Start Strong program services the Parramatta and Cumberland areas.
Who do I contact about the service?
The SDN Start Strong program is funded by the Australian Department of Education.