SDN Children’s Services will be managing this centre on behalf of the University of New South Wales from January 2021
The centre’s location, right in the heart of the UNSW’s Kensington Campus, overlooking the village green, means that children enjoy direct access to explore the University grounds and all that is on offer.
The centre has a rich and long-standing heritage with staff and students of UNSW and attracts many international families, providing our children with countless great experiences of different cultures and multiple languages, making friends from all over the world.
Our qualified team facilitate innovative, child-centred and child-led learning programs in a safe, healthy, happy and stimulating context that help all children to develop a love of life-long learning through activities and teaching approaches that nurture caring hearts, healthy bodies and curious minds.
Our onsite cook prepares delicious and healthy seasonal menus for morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea on a daily basis. Special dietary needs and requests should be discussed with the Chef and Director during orientation.
Take a look around...
I am passionate about making a difference to children and families through giving them access to quality education and care. I have a Bachelor in Education (Early Childhood), a Diploma in Education and Care, another in Business Management and Leadership, and a Certificate Four in Workplace Training. I wanted to use my experience and knowledge where they can do the most good, and SDN was my first choice because SDN is a community-based provider with a lot of history and a lot of support.
I first worked for SDN in 1988, as a casual childcare worker before getting a full-time position in the nursery at Sydney Day Nursery and Nursery Schools Association in Hillsdale. I left when that became run by the Council. Since then, I’ve worked for Uniting Care, worked in Prince of Wales Children’s Hospital as a play therapist, and was Regional Manager for Goodstart. Most recently I was Manager Educational Leadership and Excellence for ACECQA; the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
At home, I have two dogs, two cats, and two children. I’m a bit of a Disney nut and collect Disney memorabilia. My wife and I visit the theme parks and even attend Disney Club meetings – yes, that’s a thing!
When you start you will be provided with details of exactly what you need to pack. However, you may consider packing:
- Sun-safe hat (such as a broad-brimmed or legionnaires hat) which covers your child's face, neck and ears
- At least one full spare set of clean clothes
- A bib or two (if required)
- Nappies as required
- Comfort item or transitional object (if required), such as a small toy or blanket
- Dummy in a sealed container (if required)
- Bottles with expressed milk or formula (if required)
- Water bottle
- Any medications your child may require – please do not leave these in your child's bag, instead, give to centre staff and do not leave the centre until you have completed the relevant medication form.
The playground is designed to stimulate play, exploration and imagination. It provides opportunities for indoor and outdoor play.
From 1 January 2021, our fees will be $166 per day for children under three years old and $147 per day for children three years and over.
NB: UNSW University staff fees will be $157 per day and $138 per day for children three years and over. UNSW University student fees will $128 per day and $115 per day for children three years and over.
The majority of families in our centres do not pay the full daily fee because they receive Child Care Subsidy (CCS) from the government.
The subsidy you may receive through the CCS will depend on:
- Your combined family income
- The number of hours you work, study or participate in recognised volunteer work. This is called the ‘activity test’. If your child is in the year before school, if you are on a very low income, or if you are on parental leave, you will not have to pass the activity test to receive some CCS.
Try our CCS estimator tool here.
You can also calculate what your out of pocket child care costs will be on the government’s child care subsidy calculator.
Call us today on 1300 831 445
Other Centres Nearby
Value cannot be null. Parameter name: mediaItem